Amanda, BloggerBuster writer, realising that there wasn’t a proper infographic about Blogger gives us one very complete; with the evolution timeline of the service, the main features, current statistics and ten good reasons to use the Google’s blogging platform.
Customize a template is one of the first challenges for those who start a blog. To do this, nothing can save us of learning the basics of HTML and CSS, but there are some tools that can make this easier, as Firebug, a extension for Firefox and Chrome.
One of the simplest tools, but also more useful, in Firebug is Inspected, as its name implies, lets you navigate through each element of a website and know how it is configured and related to other elements.
This little guide will focus mainly on modifying the CSS code to adapt a design to our needs. CSS in Blogger is within the same template, between the codes
Customizing the CSS of a web element with Firebug.
To customize any feature of a web element from a Blogger template you simply:
2. Click the button for Firebug in the toolbar , then click the button to Inspect and place the cursor right over the element to customize, it can be text, image, video, flash or anything, and click on it.
3. In the right Firebug panel, with the tab “style” active, shows all the styles that affect the element.
Styles are shown as a CSS style sheet, however, Firebug, sort and standardized the properties alphabetically.
It’s easy to recognize the following information: selectors, properties and the CSS rule location (code line and file that contains it).
4. Live tests.
Read more →
Again from the hand of Ulises Arvizu of “Maquiladora de Sueños” (with new blog design), bring you another freebie for readers of Blog and Web and BTemplates, there are four illustrations / icons to blog subscription services like Feedburner (RSS), Twitter, Facebook, and Email.
These are PNG24 format with transparency in two sizes, 100 and 250 pixels.
- Released under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
- Personal or commercial use is allowed but not selling.
- When distributing, please link to this article and not to the file or to another post or server.
Blogger launches today five dynamic views for all its blogs:
What are the Blogger dynamic views?
Dynamic views are different versions of your blog, in some way, different ways to navigate your blog, without changing your template, using Ajax, CSS 3 and HTML 5.
Currently there are five views:
1. Sidebar view.
2. Flipcard view.
3. Mosaic view.
4. Snapshot view.
5. Timeslide view.
How to use views in your blog